Just in time for the holidays are these 3 new games: Art Decko, Chronicles of Crime 2400, and MicroMacro Crime City: Full House.
New from Rio Grande Games is Art Decko, a deck-building game of art collection. Players represent art collectors who use their fortunes to buy paintings from 5 major art genres: Art Nouveau, Pop Art, Renaissance, Surrealism, and Impressionism.
The goal of the game is to manipulate the value of the paintings from 5 genres by buying them at bargain prices and then trying to increase their value by putting them on display in the Museum. At the end of the game, the value of the paintings and remaining money cards in the players’ possession are converted into points. The player with the most points wins the game. – – 2 to 4 players – – 45 to 60 minutes game time
Art Decko features:
• 15 pieces of original, gallery-quality art in five different genres from Lauren Brown, Alex Eckman-Lawn, Kwanchai Moriya, Heather Vaughn, and Alison Parks.
• Unique Starting decks with asymmetrical player powers.
• Innovative deck building mechanic that replicates amassing an art collection and increasing its value.
• Modular bonus tiles vary end-game scoring, adding to the replayability of the game
• Buying art, exhibiting at museums, and amassing currency all affect the market values of paintings and gold. Players must be willing to adapt their strategies during the game in order to succeed.
Chronicles of Crime 2400 is a cooperative crime-solving game set in a high-tech future and is the third in the Chronicles of Crime: Millenium Series (Chronicles of Crime 1900 and Chronicles of Crime 1400). – each a stand-alone game. – – 1 to 4 players – – 60 to 90 minutes game play
Chronicles of Crime 2400 presents a new world where androids, indistinguishable from humans, roam the streets of Paris and cybernetic implants have become a habit in everyday life. Throughout each case, players will have the opportunity to upgrade Kalia with cybernetic implants. Navigating cyberspace and the virtual world will challenge players who will be confronted with avatars and the difficulties of an electronic landscape.
MicroMacro Crime City: Full House is a cooperative detective game. Players will work together to solve tricky criminal cases, identify motives, find evidence, and convict the perpetrators. A keen eye is equally important as clever deduction. – – 1 to 4 players – – 15 – 45 minutes per case
There are 16 different cases to solve each with recommended age appropriateness. Each case consists of a deck of case cards, each marked with the case icon and a card number. Together, players explore the map of Crime City in order to answer all the questions on the case cards, one after another. The game ends as soon as the last case card has been answered correctly.
MicroMacro Crime City: Full House includes a detailed black and white city map, a magnifying glass for tricky details, 120 case cards, and 16 envelopes.
|CONTINUE TO CHECK IN FOR THE LATEST IN BOARD GAMES AND JIGSAW PUZZLES.|
- Located at 30 NW 2nd Street in Historic Downtown Gresham.
- We have a full range of family games, strategy games, Euro-style games, war games, card games, dice games, and more. Additionally, for the jigsaw puzzle enthusiasts we carry quality puzzles from Ravensburger, Cobble Hill, White Mountain, Dowdle, Pomegranate, and New York Puzzle Company.
We proudly serve Gresham and the greater Portland and Vancouver area.