From Bicycle, the makers of great playing cards comes these two new light strategy games: The Alpha, and Emergency Broadcast. From Loki – Iello comes Farmini, new to our kids section.
The Alpha is a light area control strategy game. The game has great components that include wooden wolf player pieces, dice in player colors, colorful wildlife tiles, and a food tracking board – – 3 to 6 players – – 20 to 45 minutes game time.
Players control a wolf pack and then lead them on a search for food – – for the most food therefore becoming the alpha pack. The Near Forest includes easier to catch, but lower value prey. The Far Forest has larger prey that are more difficult to attack, but if successful can result in great reward. Each round lead your wolves through four phases of hunt and win by collecting the most food at the end of five rounds.
- Stalk – Send your wolves to hunt in various regions of the forest and outnumber rival packs to become dominant in the area.
- Chase – Roll the dice for the region to determine the success of the hunt. But beware, if a rival pack is in the region you must decide to fight or share the food.
- Resolve – Enter conflict and decide whether to fight or share food with other packs in the region. Take a chance to fight for all the food but risk losing out and the lost of your wolf in that region for a turn if all rival packs chose to fight.
- Advance – Move your wolf on the food track to indicate the amount of food secured during successful hunts.
Emergency Broadcast is a light tile placement game – – 2 to 4 players – – 20 t0 45 minutes game time.
As a First Responder, it’s up to you to save the residents of the community. You must secure supplies and equipment before the flood waters rise, leaving less land and fewer resources. Complete your individual rescue objectives by strategically laying tiles to secure the resources your community needs. Beware of the rising floodwaters. Every round, floodwaters rise, leaving less space available to lay tiles and making it more difficult to complete your rescue objectives. Score the most points before floodwaters rise and overwhelm the city.
New to our selection of young kids games is Farmini, a cute card-drafting, card placement game about constructing the best farm aimed at ages 5+ – – 1 to 4 players – – 15 minutes play time.
Expand your Farm, cultivate your Cornfields, and adopt as many animals as possible to win. But keep watch for the wolf who might chase away your animals. Also, be careful as your own animals might wreak havoc on your cornfields.
Everyone has their own farm in front of them that they must expand. On your turn, pick a card from the four in the center of the table. If it’s a Fence card add it domino-style to the farm, making sure to align the fence posts and expanding your farm. If you chose an Animal card add the animal to your farmyard, hopefully in a secure location. Attempt to protect the most animals and the most cornfields to gain the most points. Protect your animals and cornfield as much as you can from the Wolf, who will scare away the unprotected animals!
|CONTINUE TO CHECK IN FOR THE LATEST IN BOARD GAMES AND JIGSAW PUZZLES.|
- Located at 30 NW 2nd Street in Historic Downtown Gresham.
- We have a full range of family games, strategy games, Euro-style games, war games, card games, dice games, and more. Additionally, for the jigsaw puzzle enthusiasts we carry quality puzzles from Ravensburger, Cobble Hill, White Mountain, Dowdle, Pomegranate, and New York Puzzle Company.
We proudly serve Gresham and the greater Portland and Vancouver area.